Login |  Register |  FAQ

Yarrick or Marcharius

Post subject: Yarrick or Marcharius
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was bored the other day so i read up about Yarrick and Marcharuis and i realised something they both kick ass

I mean Yarrick defended Hive Hades against like a hell of a lot of orks

and Marcharius went crusade second only the Emperor himself

Which do you think is better

----Admiral Ravensburg----

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I say Horus would spank them both.... }:)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

But would they enjoy that?

In answer to your Q, Macharious if definately the winner Yarrick held a hive, then lost a world (Golgotha). Macharious conquered a thousand worlds!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/exoduswars
Posts made by this user are entirely personal and do not necessarily reflect the official company line.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: University of Essex, Colchester, UK (soon to be Brighton, Sussex, UK)
Yup, but one being a warlord while the other is a plai comissar you would expect something like that. You cannot compare prime quality lasgun with an inferno cannon.

Regards,

Xavi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Have to agree with all of you ... :;):  Both are interesting Warriors ... but Horus was one badd Mutha !  :o

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I know i'll probaly get death threats or something

But i hate Horus he's poo i mean he only just beat the Blood Angels Primach (can't spell his name so i'm not even going to try)  :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, he also placed the Emperor in the fridge after turning him into a nice hamburger. That is not a small thing to do.

But in any case I agree about Horus being weak. So was the emperor, even if the Emperor was better indesigning an exterminatus assault on a galactic level of the "Join me or die. Painfully" kind. A git and this is something to appreciate.

My favourite primarch is still alpharius. Anyone that can rise a middle finger in tactics towards the creator of the Index Astartes is a hero for me. :D

And "only" killing Sanguinius is quite a thingy in itself. It is like saying "oh, but he only killed a million guys when sneezing." Jeez, that is quite a deed ;) :D

And nope this is not a death thread. If you are still under the blinding light of the emperor so you can't see properly (_too much_ light) it is your problem.

Come on and join the rogues! :p

*Rant mode ON*

On a related note, dunno you, but I have found that chaos is charicaturesque in the way that the chaos followers and powers are displayed in the books. Come on, I wouldn't even think about joining Khorne in the way he is depicted in the books, let alone chaos as a whole.  There the chaos powers make me laugh kore than have fear of them. I suppose this is why I am going for a middle path of non alignement here. Worshipping a frozen hamburguer is not very appealing, even if his signal psichic signal is useful, I will not deny that. Neither is worshipping something that due to the recent changes simply mtates you while playing with your mind (in fact I have no idea why you would take the first step towards those under the current fluff, let alone full armies following them)

*rant mode OFF*

Health and a lot of sixes,

Xavi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah i never said i liked the Emperor i agree i think he's as bad a horus :D

I never heard of Alpharius who is that?  ???

Whe i said "only" about beating Sanguinius i ment it as in he only just beat him because i recken he kicks ass way better than this wuss Dante the blood Angels have now

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well we've had this discussion before, and if you read the "fluff" over the years, you'll see the difference between the Emperor and Horus is the same as between Hitler and Stalin !  As I said before that is one of the things really I don't like about the "fluff" ... it is all dark and evil.  The Tau are the closest to being the "good guys" and they're "newbies" !   Not that I don't like dark and evil, as I said, I collect all the Armies, including the "MIA" Squats and the Tau & Kroot.  So I try to be "fair & balanced".  But of course, it's only fluff and as I have said, we take the good, the bad and the ugly of G/W's machinations and take it in our own way ... right or wrong, for better or worse ...   :;):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If the Tau are so good why do they  subdue people into their empire thing if they won't join by choice  :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Legion 4 @ 23 2003 Nov.,16:17)
As I said before that is one of the things really I don't like about the "fluff" ... it is all dark and evil. ?The Tau are the closest to being the "good guys" and they're "newbies" !

Welcome to the jungle of internqational politics man.

Hobbes would be jumping with glee at the sight of the 40k universe. All is a matter of power and power is the only thing that matter. GW introduced religion as a second dimension, but still.

We have 2 big hegemonic powers (chaos and imps) and loads of borderline dudes like eldar and others that are agressive states (orks). Then, some powers that don't have a clear alignement (Necrons, Eldar) and some dudes that try to make the peace and love for the greatwer good approach (the Tau) that in the end is a "join or die" decision, like the other powers. What is clear is that the Tau are the emerging power and will eventually challenge the imperial power. if we follow a realist approach that will mean conflict. In the real world we have seen transitions like that that didn't end in a blood bath, but that is the 40k universe and the power is likely to shift with a shot in the head for one of the powers.

It works out for an interesting international relations environment. Realist international relations approach for the people. LOL

Cheers,

Xavi

PS: sorry, been reading about balance of power lately.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

???  I'm confused

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I said the "closest" thing to being good, not good ... this goes back to the "dark and evil" thing.  And I believe, Alpharius was the Traitor Primarch of the Alpha Legion SMs, IIRC ... ???  They are all bad guys, but as in the "real" world, one man's "terrorist" is anothers "freedom fighter" ... it was easier for G/W to go this way with the "fluff" , remember the old 40K tag line - "In the distant future there is only War !"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Squats were a 'good' race, they had a strong sense of honour and a long memory that is all.

Then no one bought them, and they got eaten by a few bugs, even tho they single handly beat off the entire Ork race throughout the dark ages.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/exoduswars
Posts made by this user are entirely personal and do not necessarily reflect the official company line.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah right i get it now :laugh:

BTW: If thing keeps going as they are who do you think would win eventully

I think the Imperals would if they would get rid of the smeely corpse off the throne and got someone living going again

But that ain't going to happen so i think Tyranids because they'll just keep coming

Some people think it will be the Tau but they'll die out soon because they have the Imps on one border the orks on 2 borders and the tyranids on the 4th border