Awesome photos!, Thank you Reedar and IJW, I look like a cheesey gameshow host from the 1970's/80's
I second Mr Gonzo's plaudits for Richard Deane - ensuring that everything was running well and doing a thousand other tasks throughout the day.
Before I go on hiatus and disappear from Epic land for a while (ala get back to normal life for a couple of months), here's my closing thoughts...
1. Wanted to encourage new players to Epic UK events and add a fresh twist(I.e inviting the awesome and most generous prize sponsors on board along with making three unique 6'x4' scenery boards). Happy to give this a most definite tick.
2. Didn't know whether I'd do another event next year as all depended on this first one...happy to give this a tick too. There WILL be an Exeter Entrenchment 2015
3. Have learnt what NOT to do..I.e not wait until the morning of the event to see if the spreadsheet works or not on my tablet....er, it didn't. Reedar saved the day with his laptop. Thanks again Reedar for saving my bacon on the day!
4. MUST do a last minute check to approve all the scenery on the tables before starting the event! Yes I could weasel out of it and blame it on the help I had setting up the scenery...but, no. My fault alone in failing to see there were no gaps in the now infamous Lava table. Oops...lol
5. Had such a buzz doing this and the reward in itself was meeting you guys and seeing awesome epic games unfold on the tables. Top stuff! Of course loads of improvements can be made for next year, so please send me your suggestions, feedback etc and I'll take ALL of them on board (announcing winners in reverse order for example)..
6. I might actually genuinely know what I'm doing at next years event without winging it...
7. In the event of someone dropping out on the morning of the event (like we experienced) I will volunteer myself to drop out (as I plan. To take part next year too). This should save a repeat of the delayed start we experienced. P.s --- Richard D, you CAN play next year.
Cheers chaps, my hats off to you all and let's do it all again next year