Login |  Register |  FAQ
   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

The Return of the Children of Asuryan:Eldar versus IG 6000 p

 Post subject: Re: The Return of the Children of Asuryan:Eldar versus IG 60
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:37 am
Posts: 3085
Location: munich
1st of all, why does this thread has not already several thousands hits? :o

GREAT battlereport Primarch,
fantastic really brings me back to the good old days.
Beautiful setup and terrain especially like your hills.

The story is great can match up with the old one from the WD magazines, the whole report can.


May you bring me closer to the new setup/deploy/activate/movement system.
It looked very well and I would like to give it a try.
I am although intrested in the updated flyer rules.

My biggest fear about all those new rules is, that the game will slow down too much.
It should be still a game for big battles ;) not a new E:A :sos

Great work again
cheers

Ule


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of the Children of Asuryan:Eldar versus IG 60
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 26826
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
ulric wrote:
1st of all, why does this thread has not already several thousands hits? :o

GREAT battlereport Primarch,
fantastic really brings me back to the good old days.
Beautiful setup and terrain especially like your hills.

The story is great can match up with the old one from the WD magazines, the whole report can.


May you bring me closer to the new setup/deploy/activate/movement system.
It looked very well and I would like to give it a try.
I am although intrested in the updated flyer rules.

My biggest fear about all those new rules is, that the game will slow down too much.
It should be still a game for big battles ;) not a new E:A :sos

Great work again
cheers

Ule


Hi!

I don't publicize my battle reports as much as I used too. ;)

The flanking rules don't add any time to the game because its just a couple of rolls before the game starts.

Summarizing it:

1. you get one d6 for every 1000 points
2. -1 to the rolls if you want to make a rear flank deployment and -1 if you want to deploy on turn one (they are cumulative so -2 for rear/1st turn deployment)
3. Roll dice with modifiers and determine successes
4. each success means one support sized formation (detachment) can be entered through the table sides or rear on the first or second turn depending on what you decided before the roll)

That's all you do really. The formation that you wish to flank deploy are kept off table until they are activated. There is no bookkeeping are anything complicated to remember.

The success are determined by the armies flanking value:

Eldar/Space Marines/CSM/Tau 4
IG/Squats/chaos 5
Orks 6
Tyranids/slann 3

This means its easier for some armies than others to flank or rear flank deployments. For example its impossible for orks to rear flank or any turn one flanking since the -1 (or more) would make it impossible to achieve a 6. This is intended since the orks are a slow ponderous army.

On the other extreme are tyranids which are very adept at surrounding you (even a -2 for rear flanking on turn one is accomplished on a roll of 5+).

The rules are very simple, straight forward, non-time consuming and produce a fun strategy oriented effect. :)

The flyer rules worked extremely well. I like that dogfights are deadly. I like rolling d6's per point of CAF and only 6's are hits. It's exciting as well as lethal.

It simulates scrambling fighters for interception wells and also landing in a hot DLZ, since they are evading an there is a -1 penalty to hit them.

The addition of both systems had no adverse impact on game time. I spent more time looking up stats (its been a long time since I played) than remembering these rules (there's not much to remember).

I plan on a few more test games before I attempt a much larger game.

Thank you for the kind comments! :)

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of the Children of Asuryan:Eldar versus IG 60
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:37 am
Posts: 3085
Location: munich
Very intresting rule, seems easy to use
will try to adapt it

But I was more intrested in the new way to deploy units it seems that you activate units outside of the battlefield an let them move on the battlefield during movement phase.

There was another situation a Eldar bomber joined the game
then 3 IG fighters tried to intercept but got re-intercepted by Nightwings before they reached the bomber
which moved further after the attack.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of the Children of Asuryan:Eldar versus IG 60
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 26826
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
ulric wrote:
Very intresting rule, seems easy to use
will try to adapt it

But I was more intrested in the new way to deploy units it seems that you activate units outside of the battlefield an let them move on the battlefield during movement phase.

There was another situation a Eldar bomber joined the game
then 3 IG fighters tried to intercept but got re-intercepted by Nightwings before they reached the bomber
which moved further after the attack.


Hi!

For deployment, keep all units off the table. You can either give them orders off table (if you play standard net epic) or give them orders as they are activated (as we do when playing net epic evolution with combined activations).

The deployed units starts anywhere within the predetermined deployment zone and can move from there. For example in my battle report the deployment zone was 25cm from the table edge. You could place your unit anywhere in the zone and start moving from there.

We did the same with flyers, however they MUST start from the table edge (simulating them flying onto the board from a far away airfield). This is to avoid flyers being able to reach any point in the battlefield to easily on turn one.

It all worked very well. :)

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of the Children of Asuryan:Eldar versus IG 60
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:37 am
Posts: 3085
Location: munich
primarch wrote:
ulric wrote:
Very intresting rule, seems easy to use
will try to adapt it

But I was more intrested in the new way to deploy units it seems that you activate units outside of the battlefield an let them move on the battlefield during movement phase.

There was another situation a Eldar bomber joined the game
then 3 IG fighters tried to intercept but got re-intercepted by Nightwings before they reached the bomber
which moved further after the attack.


Hi!

For deployment, keep all units off the table. You can either give them orders off table (if you play standard net epic) or give them orders as they are activated (as we do when playing net epic evolution with combined activations).

The deployed units starts anywhere within the predetermined deployment zone and can move from there. For example in my battle report the deployment zone was 25cm from the table edge. You could place your unit anywhere in the zone and start moving from there.

We did the same with flyers, however they MUST start from the table edge (simulating them flying onto the board from a far away airfield). This is to avoid flyers being able to reach any point in the battlefield to easily on turn one.

It all worked very well. :)

Primarch


This was what I meant
sound good to me.
I will play a smaller game the next time and will gry to use this.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of the Children of Asuryan:Eldar versus IG 60
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:39 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Thank you dude, that was an awesome battle report. The pictures were great, and the narration made it really fun to read. It must have taken a while, and a fair bit of work, to put together.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Group
CoDFaction Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net