Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: 6mm fantasy!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Been enjoying reading through your posts, great stuff, and I love that goblin village - very inspiring!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Really well painted minatures and the scenery brilliant, well done ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Inspiring stuff, those Wood Elves are fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I really like your neat terrain pieces.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks everyone!

No fantasy updates for a while. but I do have some half finished units I might try and finish before I move as to not loose any parts on the way! Been putting them off since I finished painting them at the start of the year!

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sooooooooooo, I have a couple of units I finished off for fantasy, some of which I painting in a very short space of time. Life has been very busy until a few weeks ago (which I have rambled on enough in my sci fi thread) but a dedicated work space has given my painting a new lease of life, gone are the days of painting one 6mm figure at a time. I have taught my self how to paint a whole unit, and two specials all at the same time! (yay! Go me!)

Again, photos from my phone/potatoe and then from facebook. So forgive the lousiness. I will replace them with better ones when I have a chance.

Two new units for my goblins. One hand weapons, and one beast handlers (in this case its fur piggys!)

woodie wood elves, and creature features.

Finished my Chaos dwarf stonemen, and rebased my leaders.
Really looking forward to doing some crazy stuff from them in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

nice!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Very cool!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am sure i missed it but how many armies do you have?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

DasBilligeAlien wrote:
I am sure I missed it but how many armies do you have?

Just for fantasy? Enough to keep me busy for a while longer! Most are unpainted but I'm slowly working my way through them!

several variations of goblin themed armies ('normal', All-wolf rider/mounted, winter themed, summer themed etc)
Lesser goblins (they are sort of snotling kind of creatures, really tiny!)
Orcs
Dwarves
Chaos Dwarves
Skaven
Amazonians
Wood elves
Molemen
Dinosaurs (not lizardmen, actual dinosaurs!)
Feral Orcs

My other half has Wood elves & High elves

I will be adding at some point in the future:

Two types of undead- one 'classic' undead and then probably ghosts/spirits (Made up of all sorts of stuff)
Dragon knights (From perfect six, just waiting on all the codes being released)
Lizardmen
Two types of humans (one a mix of Gaelic & Celtic theme and one with a German/Gothic influence)
Dark elves

We also have enough 'odds n ends' to make up several other armies, such as Ogres (as Irregular like to chuck them in with orders)
Several different makes of dragons (I picked up a ton of different dragons from poundworld which are the prefect size to make ridiculously sized dragons for this scale! so ended up with enough to make up a 'force'! haha)
Mythical creatures (again, Irregular add them in with their army deals!)

Human armies are a weird one for me- I have all sorts of odds n ends that I picked up over the years through various orders (needed to bump an order up to round up cost of an order for postage, stuff picked up just to 'try', codes I picked up for specific parts etc) So I probably have enough for a couple of human armies right now, they just need to be collected up and put in to one place!

I stocked up a lot of this stuff before I knew I was quitting my job when I was still in England, as I knew I will be going a (very) long time with out having a lot of disposable income again, so though I have a lot to still work through, it will be a long time before I can add to this 'project' in the sort of numbers that I could when I was still working/living in England. Anything I add now will come from trades, other than the new stuff from perfect six, which I put the money aside for it ages ago.

Though it sounds/looks like a lot, its mostly been through clever use of army deals and using other bits n bobs to stretch the armies out, such as using old GW minis for my goblins, splitting one dwarven army pack in to both dwarves and chaos dwarves, then bulking them out with scenic bases and left overs from other armies (in this case stonemen)

I probably spent less then £300 in total on everything for my fantasy stuff. Irregular army deals were (are!) cracking good value. The most expensive thing was the baccus goblin stuff, which cost me about £90, but as they are so large, they stretch a lot further then any figures do!

And thats including the terrain (and my new dungeon tile system!) I have got a good eye for stealing good ideas online and making them smaller and cheaper! Most of my terrain (excluding the leven stuff) costs no more then a few pence per item (I have a sad habit of working out the exact cost of a terrain piece after its made!)

Sorry, probably more information then you (or anyone!) actually wanted. You were probably after an answer like " I have ten armies"/end of post!! :D Its been a very odd day for me today and I'd written all of this before I realised what I had done! ;D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Production painting is a must in 6mm. Lolli pop sticks and blue tac is the way ahead. Base coat, the do each different miniature colour at a time on the whole strip, i.e sword, clothing etc ;)

Try perfect six scenery miniatures also as they have orcs etc to add extra flavour to stands of other mini manufacturers :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So I wanted to do something cool for my landmark post count- 666 posts, I wanted too paint up some kind of daemon for epic, and call it King Diamond or something equally stupid!

Instead I've been working on a rescue mission.

Thanks to photobucket holding peoples photos to ransom, I've decided to move my 6mm fantasy log over to a blog- where I have control and where is it is all together in one place. There is no dedicated forum for 6mm fantasy, and even the posts on this board are spread thin, over several sub forums. My main goal is provide myself with a space to post my work- as I like to look back on what I've done, and sadly, with PB being jerks, this is no longer going to be possible.

I will be spamming posts there for a couple of weeks- I will be reposting as much of my old work that I can save from PB- most of which I have back ups of already, but there are already several photos in my accounts that I can no longer download. My old warhammer threads elsewhere are ruined and I wont replace them- though its sad to not be able to sit and look at them ever again.

Though the blog will focus on 6mm fantasy there will be some cross over, especially with Epic- I have some tutorials I'm working on, and I will occasionally post my epic work, after all, trees are trees no matter what genre you are in! But the secondary goal of this page is to have a living resource list for all things 6mm fantasy. If it becomes a success (in relation to my own goals for the page that is!) then I may look into hosting a dedicated 6mm fantasy webpage or forum, but that is far off in the future for now.

I will see how I feel about fixing my sci-fi painting logs in the future. I have no desire to run a separate sci-fi blog- there are tons of pages and resources out there already for them, but my own painting log, at only a handful of pages, its no great loss to the world. Its the chaps here that have the 90page+ logs they have been working on for the last ten years I feel dreadful for! I may just start up a new thread here, and be done with the old one.

One last point- despite voicing my misgivings in the other thread as too using google as a blog platform, I had a change of heart and stopped working with wordpress and went back to blogger.

-I'm familiar with working google and its simplicity. As a free platform its quick and simple, and does the job.

-Copyright (this is the biggy for me) this is mostly an issue for people looking to make money off blogging, or to get in to book deals later on. As a hobby diary and promotional tool for a niche gaming market I stand to gain no money anyway, so paying for a host wouldn't be cost affective (especially since I'm not working!)

- and lastly, my school gave me an upgraded google account for free! As the exams were over a few weeks ago, I'm left with the account with humongous storage, and no *real* use for it, so no need to worry about running out of room for photos and videos!

Its not very fancy right now- no fancy art work, or flashy good looks, but my main priority is to get back all my photos and reupload about ten years worth of various projects, to both my blog and to imgur.

Mostly what's posted there now is all old posts- mainly stuff taken from this very log! But over the coming weeks, once I'm done with PB, I will start to post new and more useful stuff.

https://6mmfantasy.blogspot.ie/

If you have anything 6mm fantasy related- be it a blog, webpage, a rule set, or you know of a company that I've missed, let me know and I'll add it to the resource page! Its still a work in progress, but once I've caught up with my old photos, I'd like to get that list jam packed with links! Additionally, I'd like to do some sort of 'miniature of the week' kind of thing in the future. So if you have 6mm fantasy but no blog of your own, or even would like your blog given a shout out, then just ask! (your blog or website doesn't have to be dedicated to 6mm fantasy! as long as the post is!)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very nice work !