Login |  Register |  FAQ

Bloody hand vehicle proxies.

Post subject: Bloody hand vehicle proxies.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So one of my next projects will be the Blood pacts, bloody hand list. I'm having trouble deciding on the proxies i will be using from GHQ so i decided i will start a thread and see what everyone else thinks. My goal is to go for odd shaped vehicles, but not easily recognizeable vehicles aswell. For starters...

Bloodied infantry will be german soldiers.

Death brigade troopers will be german fallschirmjäger units.

For the N20 halftrack i had a choice between german and american... i prefer german so here it is.

Then theres the SteG4 infantry fighting vehicle.

For the ZU57 Reaper AA tank i decided to go with ZSU-57/2, one because it isn't easily recognizable, two the names are so close.

For the U90 usurper i considered the WWII german arty pieces, very nice designs and plenty to choose from. But very recognizeable, so i think i'm going with this but not fully decided.

The AT83 Brigand tank is a toss up for me, i really can't decide. At the momment i'm stuck on two tanks, but even then i'm not sure if i like either of them. First is the Chinese T-69 II.

The other is a personal favorite of mine, i just don't know if it fits the bill for the Brigand. The British Centurion.

So first off i would like to get peoples opinions on my choices so far, and perhaps any recommendations. Also the second part is for the Brigand heavy tank, which tank should i choose or do you have something else in mind? Thanks for looking and any assistance you can offer, or if you just think it's a good idea.

Blind-

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Bloody hand vehicle proxies.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Almost forgot the proxy tank i was going to use for my bloodied stormswords. Oh and everything is going to get proper chaosified.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

all look like pretty good choices to me (well, not a huge fan of the stormsword model actually, and the ZSU is quite an ugly machine but i knew that going in) i particularly like the choice for the STeG4. very nice (and the arty looks sufficiently vulnerable so thats good too)
I think the centurion would do quite nicely for the brigand
good to see some outside interest in the list. let me know how it goes ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Works for me !!! ;) I Like , the T-95 and the Tortoise, they're big, closer to Epic scale and I'd look at the Wehrmacht '47 line. The E100, Maus and 17cm K72, etc. ... they tend to be bigger and closer to Epic scale, as generally GHQ being 1/285th tends to be a little small for G/W's "floating" Epic scale, which is really now closer to 8mm as opposed to 6mm ... But really do what works for you. I know I favor the Bigger German AFVs ... ;D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:40 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

I don't understand why Bloody Hand list did nt simply use the Siegfried's and Ragnaroks from Baran Siegemasters list rather than inventing totally new units, but these proxies do look good.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

wargame_insomniac wrote:
I don't understand why Bloody Hand list did nt simply use the Siegfried's and Ragnaroks from Baran Siegemasters list rather than inventing totally new units, but these proxies do look good.

These unit types where pulled from the gaunts ghost books, the blood pact uses these these types of vehicles. They get them from the urdesh forgeworld that they captured. Its all in the fluff.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Legion 4 wrote:
Works for me !!! ;) I Like , the T-95 and the Tortoise, they're big, closer to Epic scale and I'd look at the Wehrmacht '47 line. The E100, Maus and 17cm K72, etc. ... they tend to be bigger and closer to Epic scale, as generally GHQ being 1/285th tends to be a little small for G/W's "floating" Epic scale, which is really now closer to 8mm as opposed to 6mm ... But really do what works for you. I know I favor the Bigger German AFVs ... ;D

Do you have experience with ghq minis? Are they ubsurdly small compared top gw vehicles?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Blindhorizon wrote:
Legion 4 wrote:

Do you have experience with ghq minis? Are they ubsurdly small compared top gw vehicles?

their detail is fantastic, but as L4 says, their 1/285 is dwarfed by GW's "6mm". I have a ton of WWII and Cold War-era micoarmor, and I don't consider it useable next to GW's. But - do what works for you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well crap that burns that idea, i want a useable army that looks the part. That is unfortunate.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Do you happen to have any side by sides capt?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

WI: as blind horizon says, it corresponds to the background of the army. it also, unlike the ragnarok which is a largely terrible tank made for peasants and riffraff not fit to serve an organised military force spreading the glory of chaos, makes for an army i am actually interested in playing (which is also fairly important i'd think)

BH: that is a pity, hopefully they will match up ok. in the meantime, you may no have seen the thread where i have put my proxies up, perhaps they will provide an alternative should it fall through

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Unfortunately I don't have any side-by-side pics, I've only seen GHQ next to G/W. Like I and others, said GHQ is a bit small. However, using larger GHQ like the Maus, E-100, T95, Tortoise, K72, etc. could work ... An E-100 or Maus is about the size of a Leman Russ, IIRC ... But as already noted, DRM and EW certainly have great models that are perfect with GW. That is what they were made for so to speak ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:38 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Jaggedtoothgrin wrote:
WI: as blind horizon says, it corresponds to the background of the army. it also, unlike the ragnarok which is a largely terrible tank made for peasants and riffraff not fit to serve an organised military force spreading the glory of chaos, makes for an army i am actually interested in playing (which is also fairly important i'd think)

Each to their own.

I quite like the idea of a cultist heavy armour with real low tech vehicles- would fit the fluff of 13th Black Crusade better IMO.

But fair enough if you want to create a list to represent Gaunts Ghost books. Good luck

Cheers

James

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Blindhorizon wrote:
Do you happen to have any side by sides capt?

Ask and ye shall receive :P

Here's a Leman Russ and Ragnorruss (converted and painted by Dave) next to some Cold War classics as well as a Churchill and Tiger I from GHQ. The models are excellent, but not suitable for sharing a tabletop with GW (NOT a knock on GHQ - it's just that the scale difference is too big, IMO).

Also a sad commentary on how much micro armor I have sitting around in cold storage.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:06 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

captPiett wrote:
Ragnorruss (converted and painted by Dave)

Que? :eh

captPiett wrote:
Also a sad commentary on how much micro armor I have sitting around in cold storage.

Always willing to help you out with that problem. Just sayin ;)

-Marines Army Champion- Send your Marines related hate-o-grams to me
-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list