Login |  Register |  FAQ
   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

Insuring prototype titans

 Post subject: Insuring prototype titans
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 am
Posts: 3
Hi guys,
My collection of epic is well......epic, so much so that im getting insurance. I have both of the 'prototype' titans and was wondering what they're worth. The second prototype came with two weapons i cant find in any catalogue or book any ideas? the look like flamers or machine guns - one carapace, one arm mounted - Bottom left of the weapons photo.

Any help will be appreciated


Attachments:
File comment: Weapons
IMG_0147[1].JPG
IMG_0147[1].JPG [ 1.39 MiB | Viewed 1472 times ]
File comment: Second Prototype Carpace, head body and legs
IMG_0146[1].JPG
IMG_0146[1].JPG [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 1472 times ]
File comment: Original Titan
IMG_0145[1].JPG
IMG_0145[1].JPG [ 1.24 MiB | Viewed 1472 times ]
IMG_0144[1].JPG
IMG_0144[1].JPG [ 1.35 MiB | Viewed 1472 times ]
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Insuring prototype titans
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:31 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:03 pm
Posts: 6323
Location: Leicester UK
two of the very rarest epic miniatures ever produced and you honestly have no idea how much they are worth? seriously?

Did a wealthy epic-playing relative pass away and leave them to you in their will?

seriously, the last time a mk0 went on ebay, IIRC it went for well over a grand in total (ironically similar prices to the 40k scale one)

The prototype is an order of magnitude rarer, insuring it would help with the pain of such a rarity being damaged or destroyed but finding a replacement would be nigh-on impossible.... maybe £2k or even more? really it's whatever they're worth to you

call me a cynic but this post reads more like a 'gauging suitable price/interest before dumping on ebay' post.....

_________________
NetEA Space Marine, Imperial Fists and Blood Angels Army Champion

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

[http://adam77.github.io/snapfire/war/]Army Forge[/url] List Co-ordinator


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Insuring prototype titans
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:57 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 pm
Posts: 5679
Location: UK
I'm not aware of a prototype one being sold within the epic community within recent years, so i'd be very wary of any suggested value estimate – no way to know until it's up for sale.

*edit – i mean the original prototype, mk0s do sell now n then

_________________
AFK with real life, still checking PMs


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Insuring prototype titans
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 am
Posts: 3
kyussinchains wrote:
two of the very rarest epic miniatures ever produced and you honestly have no idea how much they are worth? seriously?

Did a wealthy epic-playing relative pass away and leave them to you in their will?

seriously, the last time a mk0 went on ebay, IIRC it went for well over a grand in total (ironically similar prices to the 40k scale one)

The prototype is an order of magnitude rarer, insuring it would help with the pain of such a rarity being damaged or destroyed but finding a replacement would be nigh-on impossible.... maybe £2k or even more? really it's whatever they're worth to you

call me a cynic but this post reads more like a 'gauging suitable price/interest before dumping on ebay' post.....



kyussinchains you're a cynic ;D , im not selling them i have EVERYTHING for titanicus through to EA, loose minis and BNIB only missing waagh grodniks death wheels box set (think i spelt it right, you know what i mean),

I also have every limited release and the 3 unreleased leman russes and predators. Hence my want to insure my collection in case my house burns down.

I have been collecting epic for 20 years, but what i paid for them years ago wouldn't be their value today so i thought i'd ask and see if someone knew

You'd have to pry them from my cold dead hands if you want them


Last edited by 1C4RU5 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Insuring prototype titans
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:39 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Banjoland
Cool! You'll have to build a tiny epic museum :)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Insuring prototype titans
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:15 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:03 pm
Posts: 6323
Location: Leicester UK
1C4RU5 wrote:
You'd have to pry them from my cold dead hands if you want them


I'll pass thanks, compared to the models available today, those old ones are butt-fugly ;)

They are basically so valuable and difficult to replace that you'd really be insuring them for the money to buy a swanky holiday to cheer you up if they were destroyed/damaged/stolen

_________________
NetEA Space Marine, Imperial Fists and Blood Angels Army Champion

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

[http://adam77.github.io/snapfire/war/]Army Forge[/url] List Co-ordinator


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Insuring prototype titans
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 am
Posts: 3
kyussinchains wrote:
[quote=They are basically so valuable and difficult to replace that you'd really be insuring them for the money to buy a swanky holiday to cheer you up if they were destroyed/damaged/stolen


I think i'd rather spend the money on beer that way i could at least forget about it for a while.

Any ideas what those 2 weapons are? (bottom left of weapons photo) ive looked in every book and catalogue i have but no success


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Insuring prototype titans
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:44 am
Posts: 269
If that lump is worth £1k+ I'll eat half my collection!

_________________
Wargame player finder, Epic resource:
http://miniwars.co.uk

Online solutions:
http://cloudlevel.me


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Insuring prototype titans
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 36618
Location: Ohio - USA
Very Nice !!!! Very Old school !!!

_________________
Legion 4 "Cry Havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War !" ... "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Insuring prototype titans
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:14 pm
Posts: 90
Very cool stuff, thanks for showing them off :)

Have you considered simply emailing GW about the weapons? Maybe they will know, or could put you in touch with the sculptor/games designer?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Insuring prototype titans
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:23 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 pm
Posts: 5679
Location: UK
tgjensen wrote:
or could put you in touch with the sculptor/games designer?

sculpted by Bob Naismith

_________________
AFK with real life, still checking PMs


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Insuring prototype titans
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:02 pm
Posts: 1712
Location: Newcastle, England
I love seeing good photos of old / prototype models like this - sometimes you can never find clear photos online. Even the Forgeworld AT seminar I think didn't have a shot as good as this.

_________________
Ben Sibbald

Personal & Wargaming Blog: http://www.theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk

EPIC WIP: Grey Knights, Space Wolves, Eldar


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Insuring prototype titans
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:41 pm
Posts: 199
1C4RU5 wrote:
Hi guys,
My collection of epic is well......epic, so much so that im getting insurance. I have both of the 'prototype' titans and was wondering what they're worth. The second prototype came with two weapons i cant find in any catalogue or book any ideas? the look like flamers or machine guns - one carapace, one arm mounted - Bottom left of the weapons photo.

Any help will be appreciated


Those I believe are autocannons as they were on the original cards but not on the plastic sprues.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Group
CoDFaction Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net