Login |  Register |  FAQ

Tau Vior'la v2.0

Post subject: Re: Tau Vior'la v2.0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

One way to think of the skyray inclusion is that the list has access to devilfish too, which is basically a very similar chassis. So while the skyray may stick out in a straight leg firewarrior formation, it blends in nicely with a mechanized one.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just saying the same argument can be made for the inclusion of hammerheads in the Fírewarrior formation. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:19 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

It's good to hear what others are thinking!

I definitely agree that designing tournament lists for NetEA lends itself to a certain type of list design and building that isn't what everyone is looking for.

That's a large part of the reason I want to build a "Sandbox Sept" list and include all of the Tau units and stats. It would allow more casual players and organized full access to using all Tau units, and provide a place to test stat lines for new units, like hazard suits, vespids, or Tau tidewall.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tau AC:
viewforum.php?

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Question regarding the FW Shas’O, are Vior’la doing things differently then other septs?
Because as far as I know , a FW after 4 years of service may take a trail of fire and advance from the standard fire warrior rank of “Shas’la” to a veteran “Shas’Ui” at this point they are given a Battlesuit.
After another 4 years they my attempt to advance through yet a harder test to get the next rank, “Shas’Vre”
Same thing 4 years (maybe even piloting a Broadside this time) new test, lucky few reach “Shas’El” and once
More to “Shas’O”. Now the point of all this , is that once you advance from the standard FW rank, you move into
a Battlesuit , and a commander “Shas’O” would always be found in a Crisis Suit. So , having the Shas’O as an upgrade for the Firewarriors I suppose is fine , however does it become I Crisis Unit then? Leading the FW.
Unless that is stated , It would just replace a regular FW, and the list does have him at better Armourvalue, but , at least in my opinion, Having a non Battlesuited Shas’O kind of goes against how Tau does things. I saw in version 2.0 FW had crisis as a possible upgrade. If indeed a Shas’O in a FW squad would (as he should) be put on a crisis unit, adding more through upgrades would make good sense.

Now , I would like to add, no disrespect here or anything,
you are likely aware of Tau lore and it’s military structure

To be fair , I’ve recently gone back into the mini universe , and have chosen Tau as my first project (so I’m an Old noob) , and have been reading up on them a bit. Maybe Vior’la does things differently? or just has to in order to make the list flavorful and unique.I Just felt compelled to wonder about it out loud.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:03 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey Cyguns,

You hit the nail on the head. It's done to add some diversity and flavor to the list and contrast it to Third Sphere.

One of the goals for list design is the balance between fluff and competitive play for the tournament lists. So there may be things that don't line up 100% with 40k fluff/codices/novels/etc. It's done to keep lists different and fun to play both with and against.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Tau AC:
viewforum.php?

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.