Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

Vior'la Tau - Developmental V1.9

Post subject: Re: Vior'la Tau - Developmental V1.8a
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

lord-bruno wrote:
I have to say that this is a great change!! Clearly closer to the fluff, the role of the unit, and common sense.

Great, let us know if you get a chance to use either of them in a game.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Vior'la Tau - Developmental V1.9
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It's my own personal bias on account of how I've assembled mine and love it to bits, but I do think a Pulse Blast Cannon variant of the Stormsurge could also be interesting and also encourage people more towards a FF focused army. Something with a middling AT/AP weapon at range but a half reasonable TK firefight value. (in old 40K, 2 Strength D shots is titan class - same as a phantom's pulsar but lacking the blast)

Don't see it as something easy to just drop into a force without needing retooling the rest of your army around, but seems to me that kind of thing is what Vior'la and other expansions should be about. Nothing is better than a Blastcannon Stormsurge charging it's way up the field and deploying it's anchors, then watch the enemy nearby scuttle to get out of deadly range.

Post subject: Re: Vior'la Tau - Developmental V1.9
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:01 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Got a half dozen games in with this list in the past several months. Some things have become apparent. My opponent pointed out in the last game that it was intentional why the list structure in the approved list was built to disallow the AX-0-1, Manta and the spaceship being valid in a 3k list. 4 of the 6 games I've played with the list recently have used all three. The amount of TK that the list can put out is intimidating. That on top of the improved FF ability and the addition of the BP indirect in the Supremacy has made this list quite well rounded maybe too well rounded. The planetfalling Manta can deposit 20 FF4+ infantry and then deliver some incredible firepower at a long range then support the engagements with 8 more supporting shots. My other opponent posted a battle rep in the BatRep thread against Squats. The dropping Manta + infantry just obliterated a formation of 12 strong warriors and an overlord.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30