Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Skitarii v1.12

Post subject: Re: Skitarii v1.12
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
Certainly the Thunderer should not be allowed - it is a field conversion of damaged Destroyers and thus not sanctioned by the AdMech. I'd be inclined to dissalow the Exterminator as well. The Conquerer seems like a good one to disallow, but backgroundwise it really should be available as the list is themed around Gryphonne IV (the design was first rediscovered on Gryphonne IV and this is the only forgeworld it is produced in significant numbers).

I'd say Standard, Vanquisher (a 'rare and sophisticated' variant) Destroyer, Executioner, and Conquerer.

I quite like the idea of this (5 strong?) formation swapping out/becoming the Cataphract tank company.

I was looking at using old school land raiders for the basis of minoris conversions, would 2 of them together be big enough?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ortron wrote:

I was looking at using old school land raiders for the basis of minoris conversions, would 2 of them together be big enough?

I think two of them with a bit of a gap between them would be just right.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I just took a look at the 1.12 list to see what I need to make an 3000 points army. I noticed, that Praetorians are not able to get a gorgon, if they are on their own. Is this intentional? How to use them properly without a transport? My view of the AdMech is biased by the Word Bearer novels and there the praetorians ride in gorgons directly into the Chaos lines to slaughter...ok...get slaughtered but...who cares ;-) Edit: Shame on me...I just found the gorgon option ;-)

Then I thought about my AA and I try to take as few standard IG gear as possible. As an idea: could we introduce some super AA gun for an Ordinatus Minoris platform? The AdMech produces Hunters for the Space Marines...why do they take humble Hydras? I can easily imagine them to build some super AA missile launcher or something like that. Is the only issue that it would be too hard to supress as AA? My counterargument would then be that someone pleas tryes to supress a hydra in a mech inf company ;-) Or I can imagine to build a superhydra with massive AA cannons on an Ordinatus platform. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Grimgork wrote:
I just took a look at the 1.12 list to see what I need to make an 3000 points army. I noticed, that Praetorians are not able to get a gorgon, if they are on their own. Is this intentional? How to use them properly without a transport? My view of the AdMech is biased by the Word Bearer novels and there the praetorians ride in gorgons directly into the Chaos lines to slaughter...ok...get slaughtered but...who cares ;-) Edit: Shame on me...I just found the gorgon option ;-)

Then I thought about my AA and I try to take as few standard IG gear as possible. As an idea: could we introduce some super AA gun for an Ordinatus Minoris platform? The AdMech produces Hunters for the Space Marines...why do they take humble Hydras? I can easily imagine them to build some super AA missile launcher or something like that. Is the only issue that it would be too hard to supress as AA? My counterargument would then be that someone pleas tryes to supress a hydra in a mech inf company ;-) Or I can imagine to build a superhydra with massive AA cannons on an Ordinatus platform. Thoughts?

The Question you raise on the AA Minoris platform, to me, sounds interesting. Now there may be some Power gaming mechanics that might make it to powerful but I'm not the one to figure that out. I would like to see at least a possible test of this platform. What does everyone else think? What does E&C think?

Weapon: Turbo Hydra Battery 50 Pts

6X Turbo Hydra 45cm AP4+/AT4+/AA4+

Notes: Limit 1 in Minoris formations.

It has the multiple shots and range of a Hydra but the Turbo charged shells of a Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
I just took a look at the 1.12 list to see what I need to make an 3000 points army. I noticed, that Praetorians are not able to get a gorgon, if they are on their own. Is this intentional? How to use them properly without a transport?

I intend to give them access to the Gorgon.

Quote:
could we introduce some super AA gun for an Ordinatus Minoris platform?

Workable in concept but I worry about "list bloat".

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry to go OT here ... but has anyone heard from kev101 ... he made some epic scale Skitarii ? :-\

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hmmm he's not back on the new forum yet is he. I think he's still around though as I've bumped into mutual friends at Epic tournaments and they would have mentioned something I'm sure.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:49 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Kevs still around - I think he only recently re-registered

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:49 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Kevs still around - I think he only recently re-registered

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Boyz, I had his old e-mail, but it got hijacked by spammers !?!??! :o So if anyone runs into him, tell him to sign up again. Before the Tac Cmd Crash of '10, he asked if any one has painted up some of his Scats ... so I'm about to start that project and wanted to let him know ... 8) Many thanks again !! ;D Found him !! He is a member ! So I PM'd him ! Thanks again ! :D So please forgive my interuption ! 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:50 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I have. here's the link:

viewtopic.php?p=349693#p349693
viewtopic.php?p=350676#p350676

I should have more done this weekend.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Legion 4 wrote:
Thanks Boyz, I had his old e-mail, but it got hijacked by spammers !?!??! :o So if anyone runs into him, tell him to sign up again. Before the Tac Cmd Crash of '10, he asked if any one has painted up some of his Scats ... so I'm about to start that project and wanted to let him know ... 8) Many thanks again !! ;D Found him !! He is a member ! So I PM'd him ! Thanks again ! :D So please forgive my interuption ! 8)

L4, I've heard from Kev. Check you Inbox for details. =)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great work "V" !!! I like the look of throwing a few IG in the mix too !! Cool !! 8) And Thanks Angel, got your PM ... Good intel !! :D

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hm, if list bloat is an issue, than we could remove the hydras for the ordinatus AA ;-) Would then be a 1:1 trade, no?

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Grimgork wrote:
Hm, if list bloat is an issue, than we could remove the hydras for the ordinatus AA ;-) Would then be a 1:1 trade, no?

It would be.

Opines people?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next