Login |  Register |  FAQ
   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Mekboy Gargant question

 Post subject: Mekboy Gargant question
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 58
So with the Mekboy Gargant's Kustom Force Field it says that "once it's shut down it remains so for the rest of the game."

But can you start the game without it on then turn it on in turn two or three? Technically this means it was never "shut down". It can't be actively shut down if it was never turned on.

So by the letter of the rule it seems possible, but maybe having such a powerful shield on turn 3 (likely in the thick of battle) vs turn one (when battle is less intense) could unbalance the game too much so maybe it should be disallowed on that basis.

Thoughts?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mekboy Gargant question
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 26740
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
Storm Puppy wrote:
So with the Mekboy Gargant's Kustom Force Field it says that "once it's shut down it remains so for the rest of the game."

But can you start the game without it on then turn it on in turn two or three? Technically this means it was never "shut down". It can't be actively shut down if it was never turned on.

So by the letter of the rule it seems possible, but maybe having such a powerful shield on turn 3 (likely in the thick of battle) vs turn one (when battle is less intense) could unbalance the game too much so maybe it should be disallowed on that basis.

Thoughts?


Hi!

I have run into this question before and at least from my point of view, I would allow it.

I do not think it unbalances things greatly, since you do forgo the shield in the beginning. Whose to say it could not be destroyed before you even activate it? Fair risk to reward ratio IMO.

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mekboy Gargant question
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 58
Thanks primarch!

So to keep gameplay honest you have to declare that the shield isn't up in the first turn right? I'm thinking it should be committed to during his movement activation so that he can't just get an extra turn of shield if nobody happens to shoot at him.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mekboy Gargant question
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 26740
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
Storm Puppy wrote:
Thanks primarch!

So to keep gameplay honest you have to declare that the shield isn't up in the first turn right? I'm thinking it should be committed to during his movement activation so that he can't just get an extra turn of shield if nobody happens to shoot at him.



Hi!

Yes. I would use a makeshift counter or coin (heads on, tails off) and that would suffice. :)

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mekboy Gargant question
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 58
Right, that's an excellent idea!

Should there be a sentence to such effect in the next version of the rules perhaps?

Perfect answers once again, thanks Primarch!

stormpuppy


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mekboy Gargant question
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 26740
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
Storm Puppy wrote:
Right, that's an excellent idea!

Should there be a sentence to such effect in the next version of the rules perhaps?

Perfect answers once again, thanks Primarch!

stormpuppy


Hi!

If I can fit it in. The Gold version has a premium when it comes to space due to formatting.

At least it will be in the errata document.

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Group
CoDFaction Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net