Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

A night out with the webmaster

Post subject: A night out with the webmaster
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Name - Justin Knight
Age - 37 going on 38 (seems to be the most popular age around here!)
Country - Down
Region - Northern Ireland
Email Address (Optional) - PM me!
Role in the EPIC community - Ermmm, poster here, ermmmm
Armys collected:
EPIC - Blood Angel and Ultramarine Space Marines; Inquisitorial including SOBs; trying to put together a (tiny) Slaaneshi Chaos army; Eldar; several factions of IG and Orks
Necromunda - Escher
LOTR - All of them, with the emphasis on elves. I really want to go First Age.
I've also got a large collection of minis for roleplaying (mainly MERP rules) and a large collection of 76 scale WW2, Brits, US, German, Anzacs, Russian and Japanese and a tiny collection of 6mm WW2 which I intend to expand.
Favourite Army
Epic - SOB (so far) Tiny but much fun to put together and the army I spend most time on.
Largest Army
Epic - Imperial Guard I guess, though this is divided into 3, a sort of PDF, the remains of a crusade 'regular' IG and a hothead motorised brigade.
Versions of EPIC currently played - nil also, but have all the rulesets if anybody wants to drop round.
How you fund your habit - Architectural Technologist, you know the one that does all the work but gets none of the credit.

No Pic yet but will add one soon.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Name
Jyrki Saari

Country
Finland

Region
Somewhere in the southern portion.

Email Address (Optional)
Will only be given to friends...

Role in the EPIC community - (if you have any webpages, list them here)
Been with NetEpic since 1.0. I'm responsible for various strange armylists & units.

Armys collected
Epic: 14th Fennican regiment (IG), Fireswords Titan Legion, Death Knights space marines, Tel Bain craftworld, Squats, Orks, Tyranids, Chaos. Most are unpainted.
40k: Black Templars, Eldar, Sisters of Battle. Bought at 50% retail price when a local shop dumped GW stock a few years back.
WWII: Various bits of micro armor.
Man O' War: Everything except Chaos and Undead but I will get there eventually.
Warmaster: stuff for Empire, High Elves, Orcs and Chaos. Bought at 50% retail price (notice a pattern here?) when another game store dropped warmaster. I intend to use them to play Armies of Arcana with Warhammer armies.

Favourite Army
IG. How could I resist superheavy tanks?

Largest Army
IG, although the Squats are gaining fast.

Versions of EPIC currently played
None. I'm starved of opponents. Would play Net Epic any day.

How you fund your habit
By working as a code slave to Nokia. "Use the source, Luke..."

In your own words
I am a gamer who rarely gets to game. I used to be a contributing member of the Net Epic community but nowadays I don't seem to have time to evaluate rules and make armylists. And when I do I'm too tired. Diagnosis: I am old. :(

maybe someday.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Name
Chrisitan aka. Warmaster Nice or brodersalsa

Country
Denmark

Region
North-ish

Email Address (Optional)
PM me

Moderator on EpiComms, Graphic Editor on Incoming! and also getting involved in the layout of NetEpic Gold.
Also I'm trying to run a website called the Epic Lounge http://www.mustangsalling.dk/epiclounge.html

Armys collected
Epic:
Space Marines - Ultramarines
Grey Knights
Imperial Guard - Cadians, Tallarn, Death Korps, Catachans, Tech Guard
Titan Legions
Orks - all of 'em! -Da boyz are allways a fun army to bring to war regardless if they are Faral, Goffs or Blood Axes.
Eldar - Alaitoc
Chaos - all 4 powers + Black Legion and Lost and the Damned

BFG - Imperial Navy & Chaos

Favourite Army
Depends. I sort of shift for the flavour of the month. With so many models still unpainted you need to switch every now and then in order not to grow tired of painting them.

Largest Army
100.000 points Imperial forces (OMG, is it allready that much???) ... What can I say? Primarch has a bad influence on me! :;):

2nd Ed. Space Marine and a bit of E:A though I don't get to play more than a handfull of games per year...

How you fund your habit
Erh.. fund ??? I''m running out of spare organs...
Currently studying Graphic Design which some day will start to pay of...I hope...

In your own words
I'm a painter/modeller/collector more than a gamer.
I don't play nearly enough to justify the time and money I spend on collecting and painting little toy soldiers. It's definitely not healthy...but I take comfort in knowing that I'm in the company of people with the same disorder! :D

I'll get to it :;):

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Name
PitFiend, Fiendil or Sam Dale (or Viking).
Country
England.
Region
Nottingham.
Email Address (Optional)
PM me.
Erm... Bum.
I've got a site, but it's not organised at all yet.
Armys collected
Epic: Iron Warrior CSM, Slaanesh CSM, Saim Hann Eldar, Squats, Imperial Guard, Knights, Slaanesh and Nurgle Lost and the Damned. There's Catachans, Mechanicus and Stealer Cult on the drawing board.
BFG: Chaos, Eldar, Imperial, Necron.
40k: Catachans, Steel Legion, Saim Hann Eldar, Fal'Shia Tau, Iron Warriors, Slaaneshi CSMs, Marines Errant, Sororitas, Genestealer Kult.
WHFB: Chaos Warriors, Beastmen and Daemons (all Slaanesh and Nurgle), Tilean DoW, Wood Elves, Goblins.
Necromunda: Escher, Redemption.
MoW: Chaos, Chaos Dwarves, Dwarves, Elves, Norse, Dark Elves.
WWII 6mm: English.
HOTT: Fishmen, The Drowned.
Favourite Army
Varies depending on the day. Usually Chaos, Elves, Girls (Sororitas, Escher) or whichever gets me the most tanks on the field. Maybe i should be playing Cult of Slaanesh Dark Elves, heavy on the Witches, with stolen Steam Tanks...
Largest Army
Epic: Squats.
BFG: Chaos.
40k: IG.  17 AFVs, 9 sentinels, c.340 infantry, very little paint.
FB: Chaos collectively.
E:A. I've played em all but E40k, including NetEpic, but haven't got the time to keep track of more than one system at once.
How you fund your habit
Webhosting Tech Support. Phone monkey. With wings.
I don't earn as much as i did when i was a programmer, but using a variety of techniques (nothing illegal), i very rarely pay retail price for GW stuff anyway.
In your own words
I'm a Workshop-aholic, who, though decent-but-not-great at both playing and painting, spends too much money and time on toy soldiers. But not enough time actually playing...

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Pitfiend, cool photo.

:D

Almost Always Right...

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Lol, v cool photo!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/exoduswars
Posts made by this user are entirely personal and do not necessarily reflect the official company line.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thank you. I had a cam-whore moment when i first got my digital, and that's the best shot from that batch.

Now just imagine *that* running round yelling "GOBLINS!" at people for no appreciable reason other than it amused him at the time... :D

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:52 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Great lookng HOTT armies Pitfiend! People here seem to have a LOT of figures!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:19 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Alright I'll play the game... :D

Name
Markconz or Mark C.O. from NZ!
Country
New Zealand.
Region
Canterbury
Email Address (Optional)
PM me.
Hmm... well when I get time I do stuff!! Webpages in need of updating as usual:

http://au.geocities.com/markconz/

Armys collected
EPIC: Dark Angel Marines, Biel Tan Eldar, Codex Grey Imperial Guard, Orks, Tyranids, Chaos (still unpainted).

BFG: Nothing as yet, but I'll get a nice ork fleet off Krooza when he sells a nicely converted bundle and I have heaps of money from all my qualifications finally paying off :;):

40k: Tyranids, Genestealer Cult (unpainted), Dark Angels, Iron Hands, Slaneesh (unpainted).

WHFB: A few Slaneesh and Skaven (both unpainted)...

DBM: Hellenistic, Indian, Tlaxcalan, and unpainted republican romans.

Favourite Army
Epic Orks and DBM Indians.

E:A. Though Epic40k still has a special place in my heart...

How you fund your habit
Currently by painting a few figs for other people and selling off old wargaming stuff and replacing it with new. Being a student means I am not flush with funds :(

In your own words
My name is Mark and I'm a Wargamer. I like to wargame, paint, talk about wargames, drink beer, wargame, have BBQ's and wargame more. I have a painting desk set up in the bedroom which always has stuff on the go and as soon as one project finishes I start on another... ?I am also a part time counsellor and working on a MSc in Psychology. Here's a pic of myself and GF on a summers day in NZ.

http://au.geocities.com/markconz/images/markdeb.jpg

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Name: Legion 4 - most of file is ?"Classified". ?What is known, is that L4 collects all Epic Armies (incl. Traitor SMs and Squat) since '90. ?He is "older" (and bitter). ?Lives somewhere in NE USA. Uses a "Hybrid" form of the rules, currently under going "update". Strongly influenced by SM1 and his extensive previous military service (possibly with Hammer's Regt [?] ). ?No other information is available at this time. ?Should be considered dangerous with the potential for extreme violence, if the situation requires ... ?:blues: ?< End Transmission > :cool:

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Name: Jimbo aka Felix (as in Felix's Gaming Pages) aka James

Games (Miniatures):
Currently
Epic40K,Warhammer 40K, Warmaster, Flintloque, Darkest Africa.

Games (Boardgames):
Talisman (best fantasy boardgame ever); Space Hulk (excellent ALIENSesque game)

Games (Role-playing):
I still have an interest in Space 1889, but haven't played for years... once was involved in a major AD&D campaign, which I played more like Monty Python then serious fantasy.... I also GM'd a very interesting Warhammer Fantasy RolePlay campaign. With the re-release of WFRP I am tempted to get back into it...

Armies Collected (Miniatures):
Again these are current armies (I have a wealth of miniatures hanging about).
Epic 40K/Epic Armageddon:?
Orks - this is my major and favourite force for Epic, I just find it an amusing army to fight with and I like the fact the rules reflect this. I am currently building a Feral Ork Army and an Ork Airfield Defence Force.
Imperial Guard - I do like tanks and the miniatures are the best of the lot.
Space Marine - well when you get all those plastic miniatures in the box, you have to do something with them, find them a little too shooty for me.
Eldar - I have some in a box awaiting painting.
Warmaster
Orcs and Goblins - they are really nice miniatures.
Warhammer 40k
Orks - Virtually done now, but they were going to be a snow based force complete with ski troops and snomobiles....? kinda decided to paint them as is.
Flintloque
Orcs and Goblins (see a theme here?)
Warhammer
Dwarf (well I have eight figures painted...)

General Info (Profession):
I am a Director of an Online Learning Consortium of FE Colleges in the South West - hence I spend way too much time online!

General Info (Gaming Background):?
? I started gaming back in 1982 or thereabouts (I am excluding the stuff I use to do with 1/32nd scale plastic matchbox infantry and Britains guns which fired matchsticks (Little Wars anyone) when I was about eight) so in 1982 I started to play 25mm Napolenics - had some interesting Prussian Highlanders at this point.
? After a few years of that I did some 1/300th World War Two microarmour (British force) and the one time my Cromwells decided to drive through a river (and sank) still haunts me to this day....
? One day my gaming group had just bought a new game, called Warhammer, and tried it and it seemed fun... I originally bought a Dwarf army, but eventually switched to Orcs, building up a nice little army complete with lots of Goblins, lesser Goblins and the odd Pygmy or three.
? Bought Rogue Trader (Warhammer 40K First Edition) when it came out, and had an Ork force and some Space Marines.
? During that time bought loads of other games (esp boardgames such as Block Mania, Mighty Empires and so on...).
? In the early 1990s I didn't buy Adeptus Titanicus as I didn't like the idea of large robot games, but did buy Space Marine, hated the rule, but loved the miniatures, so I used a slimmed down version of Dirtside instead.?
? It was about this time that I decided I didn't like the way GW were heading and started to ignore them (except the odd game of Man o War) and got into more types of gaming including 15mm Operation Sealion and Moderns, Flintloque, and putting on the odd display game here and there.
? In 1992 I helped to form the SFSFW (Society of Fantasy and Science Fiction Wargamers) and two years later edited there journal, however I am no longer involved in that anymore. At the time I put on developed and ran a range of participation games at various shows across the country, and my personal favourite was a Star Trek variation of Full Thrust.
? The Star Trek variation of Full Thrust was one of the most popular participation games of all time and won numerous best of show awards, as a result of that I formed a small gaming company to sell the system alongside the main Full Thrust rules. I also started to sell other rules as well, Felix Enterprises was born. It died in 1999 due to that fact it stopped making money...
? I didn't buy Epic40K when it came out, but mt mate Simon did so and said it was a good system.... I did buy it (with a load of miniatures) in the half price sale they had in February (98 I think) and bought more stuff when a local games shop closed down - since then it has been my favourite and most played game.
? I bought Warmaster when it came out and still have to have a game.... but I like the system.
? I have just bought Warhammer 40K and are painting up an Ork force, as my mate Simon bought me some minis for my birthday...?
? I have a large collection of games (RPG, board and miniatures) but am slowly getting rid of most of it via eBay (which pays for new stuff? ) This includes/included 1/200th stuff, 20mm, Star Wars, Star Trek, 25mm Napoleonics, Moderns, Near Future, Urban conflict, etc, etc...

? I've had a few articles published in commerical magazines... some of them are now on my website, this is not a definitive list, can't remember them all!

Arena Watch - Autoduel Quarterly - now available online
http://www.sjgames.com/car-wars/...arena.html
Otaire de Vigneur was published in Miniature Wargames
http://www.ifelix.co.uk/art32.html
as was The Battle for Lower Turnstool
http://www.ifelix.co.uk/art33.html
I also had a fun "historical" article called It fell off the Back of a Lorry which gave background and rules to a scenario where the Russian Mafia steal a T-92 MBT in the depths of Russia and the local police need to retrieve it... found the manuscript the other day, so will at some point post it to the website.

In Practical Wargamer (now defunct) I had a few articles published including
Sharke's Abbey - The Battle of Elgin Abbey a flintloque article
http://www.ifelix.co.uk/art30.html
and
The Battle for Casa Tumoor
http://www.ifelix.co.uk/art29.html
this one had a lot of my photographs published in it.

I also had published in Practical Wargamer
Klingons on the Starboard Bow - The Star Trek Full Thrust Story
http://www.ifelix.co.uk/art10.html

Wessex - The Second English Civil War was my first article published in issue #43 of Wargames Illustrated, and as I was never paid for that article
I never wrote for that magazine again
http://www.ifelix.co.uk/art27.html

? I have also had quite a few articles published in fan magazines and society journals, I also edited a fantasy and SF journal for two years as well as publishing my own fan magazine for a few issues.
? As yet I have not had anything published by Games Workshop, though I was a playtester for them at one point...

? My website, http://www.ifelix.co.uk has been around since 1998 and was originally designed to sell my rules, but at the time it was impossible to sell them to the USA (no PayPal then). I also wanted people to visit and hence the miniatures gallery was placed on the site to attract visitors and I still feel it is one of the best on the web.

As you can probably guess I like taking photographs, and I feel I ain't too bad at it....?

Films and TV
I loved Babylon 5 and am a great fan of Star Trek (but I am not a trekkie/trekker/obsessive saddo). Star Wars (the 1977 version, which I queued to see at the cinema) is my favourite film of all time, though When Harry Met Sally and Field of Dreams are up there too. Currently enjoying Enterprise, Jack and Bobby and Smallville on the box and looking forward to Star Wars III.

Books
Harry Turtledove is my favourite current author, but do like Louis de Bernieres and others.

IT
I see IT as a tool but as part of my job I need to use and evaluate a lot of IT kit. Very much a Mac convert/fanatic.

Web Sites
http://www.ifelix.co.uk
The Felix's Gaming Pages Blog

Almost Always Right...

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Name - Peter Ramos (a.k.a Primarch)

Age - 38

Country - Puerto Rico

Region - Caribbean

Email Address: primarch@caribe.net

Role in the EPIC community - NetEpic Coordinator, all around busy-body.....

Armys collected:
EPIC: Every epic mini known to man and several besides. I play nothing else!

Favourite Army
None really. I love all my children.. er.. m.. epic armies.....

Largest Army

You're kidding.. right? You SEEN my armies...

...okay, okay... the largest one so for is IG.. all 150k's worth....

Versions of EPIC currently played - NetEpic... period.

How you fund your habit - Surgical Pathologist

In your own words: I strive to be the human with the largest epic collection on the face of the planet! Oh, wait... I already AM that... :;): :p

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Name: Paul O'Grady aka Tas

Region: usually the wet bits, but my home port is Sydney, New South Wales

Email Address (Optional): its in my profile below

Frequent poster when home, then master of long absences!

Armys collected: IG, SM, Orks, Chaos, Nid

Favourite Army: Imperial, and has been for a long time- love the big formations and I geuss it appeals to my modern military mind easiest, but with the impending arrival of my Chaos army, I think they may be due for a change...

Largest Army: IG - see the thread I posetd last eyar when i got them all out.  Nothing in comparison to Primarch or Dafrca, but large enough to field almost any combo I want on a normal table, I painted all of them myself and I'm proud of them.  

Versions of EPIC currently played: Mostly EA nowadays, but SM2 was very very big in the past and I dabbled breifly with e40k

How you fund your habit: Serving my country and the interests of the free world!

In your own words:
I started wargaming in early High school, my first wargame was SJG's OGRE which I continue to love.  Over the years I have played or owned many games, both board and miniature, but after 15 years moving around the world in uniform many have been lost, broken, sold, destroyed.

I have a moderate and varied collection of stuff, from DBA Ancients to Epic, Full Thrust to ww2 28mm Skirmish figs, Classic games such as Panzerblitz, Wooden Ships & iron men, Advanced squad Leader, B17, Patton's Best and fun stuff like Pod racers, Monster island and Cyborgladiators which I play with the kdis.  

My bigegst problem is an overly keen and active mind with a passion for gaming that gets insufficient time at home to paint or play.  Much as I dislike PC gaming, I find that is the only way to get any gaming done nowadays (which I do at sea).  I have half written about 4 articles for magazines but never got them finished.

Not that any of that stops me form increasing my collection when possible!   :D

Tas

My ECW Blog: http://declaresir.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: First star to the right, and straight on till morning.
Name: Paul (iblisdrax)

Region:  Southern Ohio

Email: PM me

Role in Epic community:  Frequent written praise and/or sarcasm, as necessary.

Armies collected:

Epic:  IG and Chaos (still in box, unfortunately)
    Necromunda:  Escher, a non-GW gang (Foundry), and
    a smattering of Wyrds

Favorite Army:  IG.  I just love the tanks, and my FW
                     Warhounds.

Largest Army:  IG

Version of Epic currently playing:  Epic A

How I feed my habit: A proud employee of the United
                            States Postal Service.

In my own words:  I started with the Marvel Roleplaying  Game in around 1990.  Went from there to the Star Wars Roleplaying game, and on to Gurps.  Played Starfleet Battles for a while, dabbled with Supremacy, and a few other games, including the box set of Space Hulk.  I started playing Epic and Necromunda in 2k, bought my first pieces of IG in 02, and have never looked back.  My miniature habit is consuming nearly what my computer gaming habit does, and will soon force me to pick.  Arrgh!

My mugshot:  One o these days!

"Hallo. My name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die!"

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oy, Iblisdrax, you forgot dispersal of feral orks in your duties!
Jimbo, tigers aside, where's the place? It looks very Mediterranean. 'Director of an Online Learning Consortium'? We must have a chat, one of these days, Im very much involved in this stuff, as an ex-student and also as a lecturer involved in distance learning. :O
Cor, we're a multi-talented lot, we are... :cool:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next