|Net Epic revision 6 is here!
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||primarch [ Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:06 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Net Epic revision 6 is here!|
THE REVISION IS HERE!
After over a decade since the last revision, the fan base has voted to engage in another revision. This will be the 6th revision in the 18 years net epic has been running. The next version will be dubbed "net epic 6" as a working designation for the time being.
While some may remember the last revision, many will be new to the process, therefore it is proper to inform everyone what is a net epic revision and what it entails.
1. A revision is NOT an overhaul. I can not repeat this one enough, since there is always a lot of angst on this point. What you know and love about the second edition rules won't be changed. It will be modified, tweaked and fine tuned, but at its core its basically the same game. Its heart and soul that many have enjoyed over the years will still be there.
2. While this will represent the current "active version". Gold will remain as is in permanently. That was the promise, it will be kept. Other than errata upkeep no modifications or updating will ever be done on this version. If you want an updated version that is what "6" will become.
3. Discussions will occur across three sites:
Tactical Command: index.php
Yahoo Groups net epic group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/netepic/info
Facebook Epic Space Marine 40k group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SMEPIC40K/
You may participate in any or all groups. No one is required to be in one group or another. All information discussed will be cross referenced to all sites for everyone's benefit to maximize participation.
4. Discussions are by topic. The list of topics are as follows:
1. Core Rules
2. Army Lists
Specialty armies (Slann, dark eldar, etc).
Topics will be announced and discussion will continue until all desired points within a topic are discussed.
5. Anyone may bring up whatever point they wish under a given topic. From new units, to rules modifications. They are discussed by the community until a consensus is reached. Summaries on agreed upon additions or changes will be given regularly and upon the topics conclusion. When there is no clear consensus, either a vote or setting aside the issue for more discussion will be decided upon.
As an aside here, I would like to point out that it is my custom to stress and point out minority opinions. This is to guarantee everyone is being heard, no matter how small a group a certain opinion may be. It may not prevail in the end, but it serves to discuss things thoroughly and nothing falls through the cracks.
6. Once all topics are done, summaries of it all are made available to everyone for final approval and these become the templates for an actual rules document.
A revision represents the feelings, likes and dislikes of the current active community, as it should. I believe it is time for another version to be created to will reflect this.
WELCOME TO NET EPIC 6!
NET EPIC COORDINATOR
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group