Login |  Register |  FAQ

Rule sets

Post subject: Rule sets
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have been reading the different rule sets (Net Epic, Net Epic Armageddon, and Epic 40k) and collecting epic models for several years. I have come to a conclusion, I like all 3 sets of rules. Each set has it's own merits and strengths.

I do like Netepic just a bit more though, I think it's all the different units and their assorted options.

I just thought I would ask if other people like all the rules sets, even if they do have a favorite. Or, do people feel like 1 set is much better than the others and is the only rules they would ever use?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Rule sets
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Morholt wrote:
I have been reading the different rule sets (Net Epic, Net Epic Armageddon, and Epic 40k) and collecting epic models for several years. I have come to a conclusion, I like all 3 sets of rules. Each set has it's own merits and strengths.

I do like Netepic just a bit more though, I think it's all the different units and their assorted options.

I just thought I would ask if other people like all the rules sets, even if they do have a favorite. Or, do people feel like 1 set is much better than the others and is the only rules they would ever use?

Hi!

You'll get as many varied responses as players. ;)

Its all a matter of preference at this point since GW doesn't actively support any rule set. Everything is fan support at this point.

The only real answer is to pick one you like and go with it. There is no real "better" in this regard. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:39 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

They all have their merits. What's awesome is we can play 3 (4 really) games with a single collection of models. That's plain rad.

-Marines Army Champion- Send your Marines related hate-o-grams to me
-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My personal fav is Armageddon but basically it is who locally is playing which rules and going with that :-)

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Admittedly I never actually managed to get my hands on any of the epic editions in physical form, nor have I had any opportunities to play with anyone. But for years I've been a fan of Space Marine and always enjoyed the battle reports and dreamed of having the miniatures.

Epic 40k came around and it hit me with mixed emotions, after reading how the rules for things like making your own detachments, blast markers to track breaking points ... but like many balked at the vast stripping of detail to the units and game-play.

Since than, off and on (and never really to any completion) I've tinkered with ways to combine both Space Marine and Epic40k, trying to siphon the best of both for my own personal system. Armageddon came around and of course did a lot of what I had in mind fairly elegantly, but since I'd kind of adopted it as a part time hobby I continued my little project and starting combining in elements of Armageddon with the above.

So maybe one day I'll post up my rules of 'Hybrid Epic' ... although at this point with all the work done on NE and NEA its mostly just a project of fun, though I'd love to see what people here would think of it.

So I suppose that works out as .... all of the above?