Login |  Register |  FAQ

Ordo Malleus - Grey Knights 2018 (Developmental)

Post subject: Re: Ordo Malleus - Grey Knights 2018 (Developmental)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As interesting as it may be, I prefer the current rule over the teleport homer. It is simpler and more flexible, a trait that fits the teleport mastery concept. Less fiddly, and better. I do not think it is abusive, much thanks to the link to the spacecraft. If it is something that can be abused, I would rather see it fixed by points cost increase to the soace craft. To be honest, I think sometimes fiddly special rules forget to zoom out to a higher level of abstraction.

/Fredmans

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I agree that it is easier, and in certain situations it is certainly more powerful as you can get a really nasty formation pretty much exactly where you want it, when you want it, and quite likely with no blast markers.

I'll continue with the Dark Angels version, as I think it is closer to the Dark Angels fluff, how the E-UK rule operates, and how the Teleport Homer actually works. There's got to be something on the ground that the Terminators home in on.

I also think it creates more flexibility, as the Terminators that are set up in the space ship can teleport in normally as well, and can then benefit from the teleport homer. This makes them more unpredictable for the opponent. If I understand it correctly, in the Grey Knights version they must come down at the same time as the space ship comes in, and can't do it any other time?

That being said maybe the Grey Knights version could be called something else? Advanced Teleport Chambers perhaps? In the fluff their Strike Cruisers got access to better tech than other Space Marine Chapters. Maybe this could be said to reflect that instead?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:38 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey guys,

I had a look at the Dark Angels one, I'm pretty keen to keep it simple as its set up now. Happy to change the name in the next update.

The teleport bonus is for the same turn the cruiser arrives. As for power of getting the formations in the right place with out blasts. Turn 1 is usually the best turn for a strike cruiser to hit. Also its the easiest time for most list to set up a scout screen against it. I'm hoping myself and others to get some more games in with it to try it out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Totally on board with this, and I'm happy that others are working on alternative teleport rules for Space Marines, as the basic start-of-turn Teleport usually isn't good enough compared to bussing stuff around in Thunderhawks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Norto,

Played a 2000pt a side, three way game with the knights a week ago. It was my first time taking them to the table. It felt very similar to Marines, but the ability to have so much teleporting definitely gives the list it's own feel. The small formation sizes offset this flexibility though, meaning they break that much easier coming out of an engagement with losses.

I really enjoy interceptor formations with two dreadknights added. They provide cover for the Marines, add some longer ranged shooting, and add some nice RA 4+ and MW in engagements. Despite the interceptors dying, the dreadknights survived most of the game, making well above their statistical amount of saves.

I have an air assault/teleporting alpha strike list I'm aiming to try later this month. Is there any other unit or combination that you'd like feedback on if I end up having time for a second game?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:25 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey gunslinger,

Ive only played a handful of games myself. But the interceptors seem like a good buy with dreadknights. They are probably the focus to try out. Also maybe dreadknights in pods and landing crafts.

Really just need some games and some opinions of if they are fun to play with/against.